A module that interfaces with the Windows Service Control Manager. While this
module can be imported by regular Python programs, it is only useful when used by a Python program
hosting a service - and even then is generally used automatically by the Python Service framework.
See the pipeTestService sample for an example of using this module.
The module win32service and win32serviceutil provide other facilities for controlling and managing services.
- Registers a function to retrieve service control notification messages.
- Write an specific message to the log.
- Write an informational message to the log.
- Write an error message to the log.
- Logs a generic warning message to the event log
- Pumps waiting window messages for the service.
- Indicates if the service is running in debug mode.
- Starts the service by calling the win32 StartServiceCtrlDispatcher function.
- Indicates if the code is running as a service.
- Sets the event source name for event log entries written by the service.